Business Structure for Flipping Houses

What business structure S corp or LLC do you use to buy and flip houses? Also, how can I reduce taxes if I am working full time with a high salary? Thanks!

LM says: This is definitely a question for your accountant and maybe an attorney depending on the size of your assets and estate. All I can tell you is what I do.

I had an S corp and an LLC where I hold the properties that I flip. Since I also own rental property, I held those in a separate LLC.

As far as reducing taxes, this is definitely something your accountant will have to tackle. When flipping houses you will have to pay taxes, no doubt, but I paid taxes because I was making a profit so in my mind that is not a bad thing. But if your business structure is set up properly and you keep careful track of all your expenses you can do a lot to minimize your tax burden.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Comment Submission Form.

wealth steps rss feed wealth steps facebook wealth steps twitter wealth steps google plus

Get on The Road to Wealth!

Subscribe and get access to my FREE ebook and tools for investing and managing your money.

Your Email:

Your Name:


E-mail will not be shared with anyone. See our privacy policy.

wealth steps blogWealth Steps Blog Newest Content:

wealth insights newsletterNew Posts by Email

Lets Connect!

Best of Wealth Steps

Most Popular:
My Current Project: Flip That House
Importance of Financial Planning Signs That You Need Credit Counseling Debt Relief
The 6 Steps to Basic Financial Planning
My First Flip: Flip This House
Simple Net Worth Calculation
My Favorites:
Going From Debt to Wealth by Focusing on Wealth
Solutions To Credit Card Debt: The Debt Snowball Plan
Dealing With Problems When Flipping A House
Buying Foreclosures – Creating Wealth with Foreclosure Investing
Building Wealth Through Dynamic Planning