You are here: Wealth Building Steps Home >> Daily Wealth Habits >> Best Life Quotes
Creating Your Collection of Best Life Quotes
Best Life Quotes is part of a series on Daily Wealth habits.
Creating your own collection of the best quotes about life you can find is another daily wealth habit that will help you learn and live in a way that is inspiring to you. Collecting quotes of life that resonate with you and the way that you want to live your life serves not only as motivation but also as guidance from those that have come before you.
Quotes of life come in many ways and they will not always be from famous people. Some of the ones you want to keep can come from your own parents or people you have met. Heck, you can even keep quotes you have come up with yourself if you feel they are worth keeping.
When seeking best life quotes I would suggest you look at the following sources. These are just guidelines that I have found have led me to some great quotes. I am sure you will know of a few different sources for quotes about life:
What do you do with your best life quotes?
- From leadership personalities that have made a difference in this world: Martin Luther King, Lincoln, Reagan, Churchill, Roosevelt, Kennedy, Gandhi, Mandela, admirable CEO’s, legendary figures in history and much more. This list is virtually endless.
"Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory"
- From sources of spiritual influence that are important to you: the Bible, Koran, Bakhram Vita, etc.
"Don’t worry about anything pray about everything"
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-1 Corinthians 13
- From athletes and coaches. Because sports can be such a great dress rehearsal for life, great lessons have been learned from the thousands of hours of effort so many athletes, coaches and teams have put into their respective sports.
"The quality of a man's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor"
- Vince Lombardi
"Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead."
-Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
- From your family. Some of the best life quotes you can gather can come from the knowledge that is passed on from one generation to the other within your own life. Seek this knowledge and put these quotes about life together yourself. Whether it be the love your grandmother passed on through her recipes or your fathers “once a punishment, now a lesson” kind of thing.
- From complete strangers. Quotes of life don’t always come from someone famous but if they sound right to you and they serve their purpose, who’s to question them?
"If you can read this, thank a teacher and, since it's in English, thank a soldier."
- From what you read. From all that reading that you do (which is another essential wealth habit) always be on the lookout for a quotes of life that resonate with you. Don’t forget to write them down and add them to your collection before you forget.
"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms - to choose one' attitude in any given set of circumstances..."
V . Frankl – Man's Search for Meaning
- From anywhere…
"You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"
-Rocky Balboa movie
"Luck is when opportunity meets preparation."
-Oprah on her show
"You should plan for a 100 years but you must be ready to die any day."
-Guy from Uruguayan soccer team that crashed in the mountains (heard it in an interview on the radio)
I suggest you keep a list of your favorite quotes. Nothing fancy, a simple word processor document on your computer will do. That way you can print it out and keep adding to it.
Once you have started your collection of best life quotes, keep them in front of you for inspiration, motivation, guidance, reflection, reminder, etc. I do this by putting them in the wall board in my office, on my computer desktop, my journal, my PDA, and a master list in my computer.
You can also share your quotes about life on your business cards, email signature block, your calendar/agenda, your car, gym locker, your desk, bathroom mirror, engraved on jewelry, a tattoo, framed on a wall, and on and on…you get the point.
Better yet, share your best life quotes with others. I have shared some of my favorite ones above but I am sure you have your own.
What are those quotes or words that you rely on to get you through tough times?
What did your mom or dad tell you when things were not going your way? What words do you still remember from them to this day?
What was that one thing you remember from your old boss/teacher/coach/friend that somehow shaped, even if just a bit, what you are today?
What are some of those famous words from your grandparents…or uncle Joe…or Mr. Smith from around the corner…that somehow have stuck with you since you first heard them?
Go ahead and share your quotes about life below so that we can all benefit from them:
You might also like:
Return from Best Life Quotes to Daily Wealth Habits
Return from Quotes About Life to Wealth Building Steps home